Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Run down of JoePa's presser

Yeah, most of you already read something about this at another PSU blog. So, I'll spare you from a re-run. Joe Paterno sounded upbeat for the most part. He didn't want to talk about Maurice Evans or Abe Koroma, and fine, who cares? If we see them play, we see them play. I'm sure they'll dress, and the student section will call for them a few times. But doesn't anyone realize that Penn State has been tearing up opposing lines to the tune of 14 sacks, six of which came from Aaron Maybin alone? Oh yeah, and that little thing about Navorro Bowman being named Big Ten Co-Defensive POW? Joe just happens to approve in his somehow disapproving tone.

"But I thought both of them played well Saturday."
Yeah, well. The rest of the press conference covered the usual: What's it like on an 8 p.m. kickoff gameday? What do you remember about this really old game that has no impact on this week's game? Blah, blah. (Can you tell I don't really care about this post?) But what was really funny to me was Joe's answer to a really dumb question:
Q. What's been the key to the offensive success converting third downs?

Paterno: Well, I think people, obviously. I think the quarterbacks have done a good job. I think the play calling has been good. And we've got some people who can make some big plays.
Holy crap! I never would have thought that those factors all helped a football team convert third downs! I bet that quote's going in the lead of his story. I guess asking ridiculously obvious questions is my ticket to becoming a Penn State football beat writer.

I'm going to sleep. Check back tomorrow for my Penn State vs. Illinois game preview.

0 Commented on this story:

Big Ten Bloggers Feed

Zombie Nation Blog Roll

Blurbs galore...

"Heavy on the analysis and discussion, this meaty blog craves brains because they use 'em when discussing their football. Good reading..." - Sporting News Today, 11/03/08

"Zombie Nation is here..." - SI on Campus, 06/13/08

"One of the prominent Penn State Blogs..." - SpartyMSU, 6/22/09

Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, 6/22/09

"Zombie Nation, a venerable Penn State blog..." - Maize & Blue Nation, 02/10/09

"...We prefer the sly wit and banter from Zombie Nation." - The Enlightened Spartan, 11/21/08

"Zombie Nation gets an "A"..." - Lake the Posts, 09/18/08

"...Zombie Nation, a great Penn State football blog." - Orange::44, 09/12/08

"Zombie Nation gets points for trying." - MaizeNBrew, 09/12/08

"If you are looking for a reasoned response, visit ZN..." - There is No Name on my Jersey, 09/04/08

  © Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Edited for Zombie Nation

Back to TOP