Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Links for You: Happy Hour Valley, Buckeye Battle Cry, and Varsity Blue

Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll give you stuff to read until I get off my ass and write something original. But before I do that, I've put up something I think resembles a decent header. I figured since I was in State College yesterday and earlier today, I would take a few shots of the stadium (yeah, as if I haven't seen it before). I noticed that one of my favorite parts of the giant erector set is the lion above the sports museum. So I took the shot, and there we go. A few hours of driving later and a few minutes on the computer, Bada-Bing! I had a header. But enough about me, here's some links I've come across. Good reading from Penn State's own Happy Hour Valley, plus some crap out of Ohio and Michigan (again, because I'm such a nice guy).

-Apparently, some brilliant Oregon writer is talking shit about how the Beavers are going to come in and whup up on the Lions. Happy Hour Valley is calling shenanigans on this one, as the Oregonian's argument is loosely coherent at best. HHV's closing says it all.

"Certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinion/prediction on how a game will go and I am not bashing the writer for predicting that Oregon St. will somehow get the upset, I’d probably do the same thing if I were in his shoes. However, it is important to realize that the writer makes a huge mistake in underestimating the fact we’ve got the personnel to run an efficient spread offense and that the writer overlooks the fact that Oregon State has had recent troubles performing on the East Coast.

With that being said, I very much look forward to what should be an intriguing contest come September 6th…"
So do I.

-The Ohio State's of the world (well, actually, just THE Ohio State of the world, since I don't think anyone outside of Michigan can secrete so much cockiness) are--get ready for this--worried about the Penn State game this year. Now, I'm no expert in Big Ten history before 1993, but am I not correct in pointing out that Penn State hasn't won in Columbus since 1978, and NEVER since joining the conference?

The Buckeye Battle Cry isn't taking the Lions lightly this year. I'll give him credit for lowering the cockiness down from 11 (Ohio State and Michigan's cockiness dial goes up to eleven, as regular dials only go to ten, this one goes to eleven), but in this case, I'll even admit it would be a mammoth upset for Penn State to walk out of the 'Shoe with a win. BBC puts it:
"Penn State - October 25th - Ohio Stadium
The Lions are no slouch this year, and they're hungry for that one win that will give them a crack at a BCS bowl. Winning in Columbus would do it....just ask Illinois. Plus, dammit, we don't get much time to rest up after a tough road game at MSU."
I don't care how the Lions would do it. If it's Ohio State fatigue, fine. If it's just overlooking the Lions, fine. Just remember, an 8 p.m. kickoff can do crazy things to football teams. Can't wait.

-I know this isn't really news, but I just had to poke the wounded beast. Varsity Blue has a nice little write-up on the Kevin Grady situation. The kid's really good, but has issues (sound familiar anyone?), and Michigan fans would like to see him turn things around and get back on the field. I wouldn't bet on that right now.

0 Commented on this story:

Big Ten Bloggers Feed

Zombie Nation Blog Roll

Blurbs galore...

"Heavy on the analysis and discussion, this meaty blog craves brains because they use 'em when discussing their football. Good reading..." - Sporting News Today, 11/03/08

"Zombie Nation is here..." - SI on Campus, 06/13/08

"One of the prominent Penn State Blogs..." - SpartyMSU, 6/22/09

Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, 6/22/09

"Zombie Nation, a venerable Penn State blog..." - Maize & Blue Nation, 02/10/09

"...We prefer the sly wit and banter from Zombie Nation." - The Enlightened Spartan, 11/21/08

"Zombie Nation gets an "A"..." - Lake the Posts, 09/18/08

"...Zombie Nation, a great Penn State football blog." - Orange::44, 09/12/08

"Zombie Nation gets points for trying." - MaizeNBrew, 09/12/08

"If you are looking for a reasoned response, visit ZN..." - There is No Name on my Jersey, 09/04/08

  © Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Edited for Zombie Nation

Back to TOP