Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well, I'm smarter than at least one football writer

Someone pointed out to me a while back that there's a test you can take online. That test is the same test given to prospective college football officials. I wasn't too motivated to do it. That is, I wasn't until I found out Dennis Dodd took it, and got a 46 (out of 100). So what was the first thing I did after that revelation? Why, I took the test of course. I thought that since someone (even though he's not my favorite writer) like Dodd got only a 46, I'd probably score lower. Who wouldn't think that? What do you know, folks, I scored a 51. No, I didn't look up any of the answers before submission. (I took the written version of the test over two nights, about two hours total, then punched in my online answers) So a 51 isn't so freaking bad, considering only six years ago I didn't even know how the downs system worked. I kid you not, until I marched onto the field for my first Penn State football game--UCF 2002--I didn't give a rats ass about football. Here's my test results:


2 Commented on this story:

Devon Edwards Jul 9, 2008, 3:21:00 PM  

I feel real smart, with my 67. And damn, that took a LONG time.

Mike Jul 9, 2008, 7:39:00 PM  

Nice score. You should be very proud. And like I said in my post, I don't feel bad about my 51. For a relatively new football fan, I did pretty damn good.

Big Ten Bloggers Feed

Zombie Nation Blog Roll

Blurbs galore...

"Heavy on the analysis and discussion, this meaty blog craves brains because they use 'em when discussing their football. Good reading..." - Sporting News Today, 11/03/08

"Zombie Nation is here..." - SI on Campus, 06/13/08

"One of the prominent Penn State Blogs..." - SpartyMSU, 6/22/09

Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, 6/22/09

"Zombie Nation, a venerable Penn State blog..." - Maize & Blue Nation, 02/10/09

"...We prefer the sly wit and banter from Zombie Nation." - The Enlightened Spartan, 11/21/08

"Zombie Nation gets an "A"..." - Lake the Posts, 09/18/08

"...Zombie Nation, a great Penn State football blog." - Orange::44, 09/12/08

"Zombie Nation gets points for trying." - MaizeNBrew, 09/12/08

"If you are looking for a reasoned response, visit ZN..." - There is No Name on my Jersey, 09/04/08

  © Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Edited for Zombie Nation

Back to TOP