Sunday, August 17, 2008

ZN Exclusive: Custom Stadium Sounds


Some of you already know that I played in the Blue Band for four years, so I performed each of these songs thousands upon thousands of times at more than 30 Penn State football games, as well as bowl games. To this day, I could still play them in my sleep.

If you wish to have a completely accurate Beaver Stadium experience, follow the guide I've set up below. I've created files for every Custom Stadium Sound slot in NCAA 09, so all are accounted for.

How to do it:

First, print this guide. It will make it a whole lot easier to match the correct songs each stadium event.

Then, just click on each link. The file will automatically download.

Finally, burn all of the songs (I made an iTunes playlist) to a CD, rip to your console, and enjoy!

(Note: If you share these clips with your friends or others, please give credit to this website. I worked hard on these, and I expect at least a little courtesy. Thanks!)


File/Song TitleEvent(s)
ABC College FootballStart 4th Qtr
Percussion EntranceKickoff; TO Away
Gladiator ShortDef. 3rd Down
Lions '68 Letter 'C'Def. On Field; 4th Down Conv.
Parade Order IntroReview
Parade Order BassTO Home
Parade Order Lets Go StateGot 1st Down
Parade Order PenaltyPen. Away
NFOS LongField Goal
TD FOS Post TDTouchdown
(Let this one play completely through before kicking the PAT.
I edited it to cut off the same way the real Blue Band does. It's pretty cool.)
TD FOS Post PATPAT; 2 Point Conv.
Victory Short3rd Down Conv.; TFL/Sack
Victory LongSafety
Right Stuff PSUDef. Stop 3rd
Zombie Nation PSUTurnover
Rock & Roll - @5Def. Stop 4th; Opp FG Miss

9 Commented on this story:

Unknown Aug 18, 2008, 12:50:00 PM  

Nice post. i feel honored to have a post 'for me'.

While I don't actually play NCAA football 09 (unless one of my friends has it and wants to play), I am obsessed with the 'gameday atmosphere' at the football games. obviously the music played is a big part of that. Each year I make a cd i call "PSU Sounds" that basically contains any music you might hear on gameday or has any type of psu significance. I already had most of the songs you listed, but the different parts of the Parade Order, the extended percussion entrance, and especially the 'Right Stff' were all new for me. I had been trying to figure out what music that song was for a while now.

Mike Aug 18, 2008, 2:25:00 PM  

It was all you, bud. I would have never thought to share my clips. Turns out, it's a great idea for everyone. Thanks for reading!

Anyone else with their PSU gameday music stories, please share them, too!

My favorite moment ever was my first football game with the band in 2002. It was also my first PSU game ever, so I didn't know what to expect. Well, coming out of that tunnel to the roar of 100+k fans was a feeling unlike any other. And when our drum major landed the flip perfectly, the atmosphere was taken to a whole other level. It was amazing.

Lenny Jankowski Aug 18, 2008, 3:16:00 PM  

I've been searching for something like this for a while and I'm so glad you made it. I can't wait to try it tonight (and for the game in 2 weeks) WE ARE... PENN STATE!

Mike Aug 19, 2008, 10:39:00 AM  

I forgot to mention. For the Start of the 4th Quarter event, I selected the ABC College Football theme song because all the recordings of Hey Baby suck ass. They don't sound good at all, and suck even more when used in the game. Plus, I really love the ABC theme, and wish they would bring it back, instead of using that awful ESPN CFB theme music. That's almost as horrid to listen to as Pam Ward calling a 12 p.m. kickoff on ESPN2.

Anonymous,  Aug 19, 2008, 8:05:00 PM  

I cant get the link to work.

Mike Aug 19, 2008, 11:25:00 PM  

Try right-clicking and select 'copy link location' (PC) or 'copy link' (mac)... Then paste it into your browser that way...

Unknown Nov 19, 2008, 7:22:00 AM  

Good stuff here. My only grip is I wish the Zombie Nation clip had the "We are Penn State" chant mixed in. Having said that, I will never use these clips because I don't own the game! :)

Anonymous,  Jun 9, 2009, 8:58:00 PM  

Hey Mike,

I love the penn state music. I was wondering if you had any other songs that you you could upload that you play during the games.

Thanks,
Lou

Devon Edwards Jul 14, 2009, 8:47:00 AM  

Now all you need is to throw in Seven Nation Army for first downs.

Big Ten Bloggers Feed

Zombie Nation Blog Roll

Blurbs galore...

"Heavy on the analysis and discussion, this meaty blog craves brains because they use 'em when discussing their football. Good reading..." - Sporting News Today, 11/03/08

"Zombie Nation is here..." - SI on Campus, 06/13/08

"One of the prominent Penn State Blogs..." - SpartyMSU, 6/22/09

Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, 6/22/09

"Zombie Nation, a venerable Penn State blog..." - Maize & Blue Nation, 02/10/09

"...We prefer the sly wit and banter from Zombie Nation." - The Enlightened Spartan, 11/21/08

"Zombie Nation gets an "A"..." - Lake the Posts, 09/18/08

"...Zombie Nation, a great Penn State football blog." - Orange::44, 09/12/08

"Zombie Nation gets points for trying." - MaizeNBrew, 09/12/08

"If you are looking for a reasoned response, visit ZN..." - There is No Name on my Jersey, 09/04/08

  © Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Edited for Zombie Nation

Back to TOP