Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big Ten Bloggers Roundtable :: Midseason Report

This week's BTBRT comes from Penn State's own NittanyWhiteOut.com.

1. We're approaching week 9 now, are you pleasantly surprised or already waiting for basketball season?

ZN: I'm really freaking excited. I wouldn't say surprised, necessarily. I figured Penn State would be undefeated at this point. But did I expect them to stomp every opponent the way they have? NO. Penn State is really the best overall team in the Big Ten. Can that change this week at Ohio State? Absolutely. I have a gut feeling that Ohio State will pull out a win and take the conference crown. I hope otherwise, though.
2. Describe one specific play from this season you would alter for a different outcome if you had the chance to.
ZN: When your team is undefeated and ranked No. 3 in the nation, there's not much I would change. This would be a fantastic question after Penn State goes to Columbus. I'm sure there will be a play in that game we would like to take back.
3. How could it (#2) possibly impact the way your season is going?
ZN: Again, this is more suited for any other team in the Big Ten right now. Sorry to be uninteresting, but it's true.
4. Big Ten player you just can't stand, why?
ZN: Once Mike Hart left, along with Chad Henne, there weren't too many players left to hate. The Big Ten has a real good crop of players this season–classy, good players. I haven't seen showboating or outright trash talk beyond the norm. If I were to go by on-field performances, I'd say Shonn Greene, just because he's taking the spotlight away from Evan Royster, who IS a much better overall running back.
5. Boo'ing your own team (we've seen quite a lot of this across the Big Ten this season), your feelings on this.
ZN: Penn State hasn't had a lot of that this season, but when it does happen, I can't stand it. I remember when Penn State went 7-16 from 2003-04. There was a lot of booing, mainly at Zack Mills and his wide receivers. When fans would complain about them, and start booing (even in the band we had those kinds of people), I would get really heated. Booing only compounds the problems on the field, and most of the time, booing fans don't see the real reasons their teams aren't doing well. If your quarterback is doing poorly, don't boo. It sure as hell won't make him play better, and it won't influence the coaching staff to replace him. Booing in counter-productive, and looks really, really bad when you're on live TV.
Bonus Round

1. Number of beers or alcoholic drinks consumed by week 8 (or a good estimate)
ZN: If I could remember, I didn't drink enough.
2. Most annoying commercial seen this season
ZN: ROTEL!!! Oh my God, I hate that commercial.
3. Your prediction for the next coaching change in the Big Ten (Joe Tiller exempt)
ZN: I don't see any coaches getting fired before Joe Paterno hands over the reigns. Nor do I see any retiring.

0 Commented on this story:

Big Ten Bloggers Feed

Zombie Nation Blog Roll

Blurbs galore...

"Heavy on the analysis and discussion, this meaty blog craves brains because they use 'em when discussing their football. Good reading..." - Sporting News Today, 11/03/08

"Zombie Nation is here..." - SI on Campus, 06/13/08

"One of the prominent Penn State Blogs..." - SpartyMSU, 6/22/09

Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, 6/22/09

"Zombie Nation, a venerable Penn State blog..." - Maize & Blue Nation, 02/10/09

"...We prefer the sly wit and banter from Zombie Nation." - The Enlightened Spartan, 11/21/08

"Zombie Nation gets an "A"..." - Lake the Posts, 09/18/08

"...Zombie Nation, a great Penn State football blog." - Orange::44, 09/12/08

"Zombie Nation gets points for trying." - MaizeNBrew, 09/12/08

"If you are looking for a reasoned response, visit ZN..." - There is No Name on my Jersey, 09/04/08

  © Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Edited for Zombie Nation

Back to TOP